Variety of Choices Available for Bathroom Countertops
When replacing bathroom countertops in Cary, Apex, Morrisville, N.C., homeowners have a wide variety of choices. Making the right choice of countertop material depends on how the bathroom is used. The best alternative for a busy family bathroom will be different than the one for a quiet guest bath. When choosing countertops for your bathroom, consider these aspects of available materials:
- Granite: This popular choice for countertops adds elegance value to your home. One of the more costly options, it is resistant to heat, water and stains and will last for years.
- Quartz/Engineered Stone: A mid-range option cost-wise, quartz offers both the beauty of natural stone and the durability of manufactured surfaces. Available in a wide range of colors, these countertops can emulate the style and texture of natural stones. They are non-porous — making them resistant to mold and mildew as well as to scratches, stains and cracks.
- Slate: This natural stone option is durable and easy to clean. It is non-porous, making it water, stain and mold/mildew resistant. It tolerates heat well and does not easily scratch or chip, though it can be sharp and brittle at corners. Cost-wise, it is mid-range to higher end.
- Other Stone: Additional stone choices include limestone, soapstone, travertine and marble. While each of these stones offer natural beauty, they are not as durable as granite and quartz and must be sealed to prevent stains and scratches.
- Tile: A classic choice for bathrooms, tile countertops can be economical to install and maintain. Available in numerous colors, shapes and materials, tile countertops can easily fit your bathroom style and decor. Whether ceramic, porcelain or glass mosaic, tile is generally water resistant, durable and easy to clean. The primary downside to tile is that grout lines can collect dirt and stains.
- Concrete: For unique shapes and color options, concrete may be the optimal choice. This material can be stained or pigmented for a full range of color options. It can also be custom molded to provide unique shapes. It is durable, resistant to heat and scratches. It is a mid-range to high-cost option, and it must be sealed properly and routinely for stain protection.
- Laminate: An economical countertop alternative, laminate is available in many styles and colors, even mimicking the look of natural stone. It is easy to clean, resistant to water and stains, but it can be damaged by heat.
- Solid Surface (Acrylic base): Economical, durable, long-lasting and easy to clean, solid surface countertops can be smart choice for busy bathrooms. This material is available in many colors/finishes. It resists stains, mold and mildew. In the unlikely event it is chipped or scratched, it can be repaired (unlike natural stone).
Bathroom Countertop Replacement in Cary, Apex N.C.
Mike Lockhart Construction offers full-service bathroom remodeling in Cary, Apex, Morrisville and surrounding N.C. areas. Specialists in bathroom countertop replacement, we have helped numerous homeowners achieve the best value for their remodeling budget, and we welcome the opportunity to help you as well.
Company owner, Mike Lockhart, is a licensed and insured North Carolina remodeling contractor dedicated to every client’s full satisfaction. He gives personal attention and oversight to every project.